Well, I can hardly believe it, but I have had a blog for almost a full year. 94 blog posts over 12 months. I’m amazed at the fact I’ve kept going with it, and I haven’t given up. Often, I’ll log on just to read over what I’ve done through the year, just to see what I’ve actually achieved. I used to write diaries a long time ago, but I’d fallen out of that habit when I started University. Having this blog has been amazing and I’ve met some awesome people through it. This last blog post for the year will just be looking at what I’ve achieved through the year and the sort of things I have done.
Thanks for looking, and have a very, very Happy New Year!
Things I have achieved.
- I can spin
- I have two spinning wheels
- I have a drum carder
- I had a stall selling woollen wares
- I can create silk hankies
- I can prep straight from a raw fleece
- I’ve made lots of baby items
- I’ve had people asking me for advice for their spinning/knitting/carding/crocheting, etc
- I’ve taught my crafts in schools.
- I have a teaching job
- I have some rescue animals
- I can now quilt
- I have a TEFL certificate
- I can dye using a variety of dyes
- And lots, lots more!
Things I would like to try/ achieve in 2014.
- Learn long draw
- Dye using proper dyes
- Learn entrelac
- Crochet a baby garment
- Knit another pair of socks
- Get as many of my kits done as possible
- Finish CAL blanket
- Do something with Tunisian crochet
- Sew up my dpn holder
- Sew the Christmas advent calendar
- Create my own knitting pattern
- Make some felt kits
- Get lots of more sheep fleece prepped
- Do the following patterns –
These are from the pattern books I received. The socks I will be making LOADS of!
The following photos are sorted into examples from each month and show things that I have been proud of or learnt. Thank you for looking. xXx
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
xXx Love Kais xXx