Ok, so this is it. The end of 2014. Can’t believe that it is the end of the second year of my blog! Last year I wrote about things I feel I have achieved and things that I wanted to achieve.
What I have achieved this year
- I have been horse riding.
- I have wall climbed! (I am immensely proud of this one).
- I have been to the top of Blackpool Tower – TWICE!
- I finally went to Germany!
- I am now a high A2, low B1 language level in German.
- I have been abroad on my own – full independence!
- I have a new teaching job.
- I got a summer job teaching English.
- I finally went to a pub gig and did some dancing.
- I rescued some more chickens.
- My boyfriend and I got a flat.
- I learnt how to sew.
Looking back over that list I am very proud of myself.
This is last years list. I will cross out what I feel I have achieved.
Things I would like to try/ achieve in 2014.
Learn long draw Dye using proper dyes Learn entrelac Crochet a baby garment Knit another pair of socks
- Get as many of my kits done as possible
Finish CAL blanket
- Do something with Tunisian crochet
- Sew up my dpn holder
- Sew the Christmas advent calendar
Create my own knitting pattern Make some felt kits Get lots of more sheep fleece prepped
Yeah, looking good! I kept meaning to sew the Christmas Advent Calendar but never got around to doing it which is a shame. Me and Mum will sew it for next year. I tried having a go at Tunisian Crochet again but I don’t think it is for me. I used the fabric for the dpn holder for making baby pants, haha. Knitting pattern, hmm, thinking about I think I did sort of adapt a knitting pattern so that is kinda my own pattern, right? As for getting kits done… urgh! Hardly any done. I really, really need to.
Ok, this is what I would like to achieve by the end of 2015!
- Have at least ten baby items sewn, aging from newborn to age 2/3.
- At least ten baby items knitted, aging from newborn to 2/3.
- At least ten baby items crocheted, aging from newborn to 2/3. (Can you see the links here??)
- To get every single fleece in the shed and porch washed and carded into gorgeous, soft, fluffy batts.
- To spin up ten batts/tops/rovings that I have in my spinning box.
- To spin up an entire fleece.
- To knit/crochet/weave something using the handspun yarn under my bed.
- To learn to weave on my weaving loom.
- To weave on a pin loom and create a blanket from the squares using my handspun wool.
- To not buy any yarn/wool until I have used up as much as possible from the cabinet. (See how long this one lasts!)
- To lose at least two stone.
- To reborn at least three reborn doll kits.
- To go back to Germany at least once.
- To have something I have wanted since I was little.
- To make a baby blanket.
I think that is enough for now! I am looking forward to the end of next year to see if I have achieved any of these! I really, REALLY want to lose two stone so will be doing (after the New Year dinner) the dreaded diet and exercise… if possible! I would like to do some more reborn doll kits but will just sell them when finished. I already have two, it’s just the crafting that I love. And sooooooooo much wool craft – it makes me so happy to think of all that lovely wool!
Now, to see some photos of what I have achieved this year. Sadly, not nearly as much as last year but I have been working an awful lot. 🙂
Ok everybody. I hate this bit… it always feels so sad knowing that this is the end of a long year. I hope that everyone has a very, very Happy New Year.
Make sure you do all that you want to do. Love deeply, be happy and don’t regret anything.
Happy New Year!
xXx Love Kais xXx